“Lose up to 20 pounds per month or more”
Weight Loss Motivation. Weight Loss Results.
Dr. Aron brings you fun and important weight loss tips, exciting diet recipes, medical weight loss breakthroughs, and a steady source of weight loss motivation.
Her medical weight loss program provides real results for overweight and obese persons seeking non-surgical medical treatment, with lasting results.
WeightLossNYC™, New York Medical Weight Loss Center
Call now — 718-491-5525
She lost 45 pounds and is on track to keep losing more
Keeping an eye on the target, she has been on her mark to reach her goal weight, having lost 45 pounds in 5 months and steadily moving ahead to the next level in her weight loss program. Motivation truly comes from within, make a mark inside yourself that you can do this and work hard to do it. It is ok to have your doubts — being realistic is important to maintaining proper perspective.
Conversely being too idealistic works against you — it is ok to dream but if you are pessimistic it works against your motivating force.
The Power of Attitude
Another rah for positive thinking: Having the right attitude can really affect you reaching your weight loss goals. A year-long study of obese patients evaluated their expectations and fantasy regarding their weight loss program. The study found these two aspects to affect success in opposite ways:
“… expectation and fantasy [differ … predicting] weight change in opposite directions. Optimistic expectations but negative fantasies favored weight loss. Subjects who displayed pessimistic expectations combined with positive fantasies had the poorest treatment outcome. Finally, expectation but not fantasy predicted program attendance.
How to Lose Weight Fast
Focus on the reasons and motivating factors that drive you to want to lose weight. Dr Aron and the team at WeightLossNYC™ can guide you to getting motivated and staying on track to lose weight in their comprehensive medical weight loss program.
Based on clinically proven guidelines, the weight loss programs offered by Dr Aron are the real medical treatment for obese and overweight patients. Call today at 718-491-5525 or visit WeightLossNYC.com
“Expectation, fantasy, and weight loss: Is the impact of positive thinking always positive?”, Cognitive Therapy and Research
Oettingen, G. & Wadden, T.A. Cogn Ther Res (1991) 15: 167. doi:10.1007/BF01173206
Additional Notes on Medical Weight Loss Success
- Bandura, A. (1986). Social foundation of thought and action. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall. ⚕
- Bennett, G. A. (1986). Cognition rehearsal in the treatment of obesity: A comparison against cue avoidance and social pressure. Addictive Behaviors, 11 225–237. ⚕ ⚕
- Bernier, M., & Avard, J. (1986). Self-efficacy, outcome, and attrition in a weight-reduction program. Cognitive Therapy and Research, 10 319–338. ⚕
- Brown, J. D. (1986). Evaluations of self and others: Self-enhancement biases in social judgments. Social Cognition, 4 353–376. ⚕
- Brownell, K. D. (1989). The LEARN program for weight control. Dallas, TX: Brownell and Hager. ⚕
- Cohen, J., & Cohen, P. (1983). Applied multiple regression/correlation analysis for the behavioral sciences. Hillsdale, NJ: Erlbaum. ⚕
- Collins, R. L., Rothblum, E. D., & Wilson, G. T. (1986). The comparative efficacy of cognitive and behavioral approaches to the treatment of obesity. Cognitive Therapy and Research, 10299–317. ⚕
- Edell, B. H., Edington, S., Herd, B., O’Brien, R. M., & Witkin, G. (1987). Self-efficacy and self-motivation as predictors of weight loss. Addictive Behaviors, 12 63–66. ⚕ ⚕
- Forster, J. L., & Jeffrey, R. W. (1986). Gender differences related to weight history, eating patterns, efficacy expectations, self-esteem, and weight loss among participants in a weight reduction program. Addictive Behaviors, 11 141–147. ⚕ ⚕
- Glynn, S. M., & Ruderman, A. J. (1986). The development and validation of the eating self-efficacy scale. Cognitive Therapy and Research, 10 403–420. ⚕
- Johnson, J. E., Lauver, D. R., & Nail, L. M. (1989). Process of coping with radiation therapy. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 57 358–364. ⚕ ⚕
- Langer, E. J. (1975). The illusion of control. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 32311–328. ⚕
- Lewinsohn, P. M., Mischel, W., Chaplin, W., & Barton, R. (1980). Social competence and depression: The role of illusory self-perceptions. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 89 203–212. ⚕ ⚕
- Marlatt, G. A., & Gordon, J. R. (Eds.) (1985). Relapse prevention: Maintenance strategies in the treatment of addictive behaviors. New York: Guilford Press. ⚕
- Perloff, L. S., & Fetzer, B. K. (1986). Self-other judgments and perceived vulnerability of victimization. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 50 502–510. ⚕
- Peterson, L. (1989). Coping by children undergoing stressful medical procedures: Some conceptual, methodological, and therapeutic issues. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 57 380–387. ⚕ ⚕
- Scheier, M. F., & Carver, C. S. (1987). Dispositional optimism and physical well-being: The influence of generalized outcome expectancies on health. Journal of Personality, 55 169–210. ⚕ ⚕
- Suls, J., & Wan, C. K. (1989). Effects of sensory and procedural information on coping with stressful medical procedures and pain: A meta-analysis. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 57 372–379. ⚕ ⚕
- Taylor, S. E., & Brown, J. D. (1988). Illusion and well-being: A social psychological perspective on mental health. Psychological Bulletin, 103 193–210. ⚕ ⚕
- Wadden, T. A., Foster, G. D., & Letizia, (1990). Long-term treatment of obesity with and without very-low-calorie diet. Manuscript submitted for publication.
- Wadden, T. A., & Flaxman, J. (1981). Hypnosis and weight loss: A preliminary study. International Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 29 162–173. ⚕
- Wadden, T. A., & Stunkard, A. J. (1986). Controlled trial of very low calorie diet, behavior therapy, and their combination in the treatment of obesity. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 54 482–488. ⚕ ⚕
Lose weight fast, up to 20 pounds per month under physician supervision. Oksana Aron, MD is an internist and bariatric physician in New York City, and is founder of WeightLossNYC, New York Medical Weight Loss Center.
Weight Loss Diet Plan
Follow us on facebook, twitter, google+ and more. Click below for more healthy weight loss news and diet tips and more:
- Food & Nutrition: Tomato Power and Pals
- Weight Loss Pills: What Works?
- Eat This Fruit and Lose Weight
- More Obese Americans than Overweight
- Dining Out Doesn’t Have to Be Dangerous
- Nutrition is Important: New York City Summer Progr…
- Weight loss supplements: Are they safe?
- Another Reason Why You Should Exercise
- Is Your Favorite Food Making You Sick?
- Why aren’t you losing weight? 5 factors that can s…
All content © 2000-2017, Oksana Aron, MD
© 2000-2017, Advanced Medical and Alternative Care, P.C., New York, NY 11209
All site contents are copyrighted ©, ™ and Weight Loss NYC logos are trademarks of Oksana Aron, M.D.